Samples of wood were taken from a shaft discovered on Nolan’s property and analysed by radiocarbon dating. The following documents spanning the past forty years show the analysis which has been undertaken and the conclusions which have been drawn about the suggested age of the wood, hinting at an approximate creation date for the Money Pit.
We are thankful to D’Arcy O’Connor for sharing these files with Oak Island Treasure.
- Letter from Richard C. Neiman to Oak Island investors
Details the results of carbon dating of wood sample submitted by Dan Blankenship
September 27, 1993
- Letter from Rock University, Region Niagara to David Tobias
Covering letter accompanying carbon dating lab reports for wood sample
March 23, 1981
- Lab report for wood sample #1 – March, 1981
- Lab report for wood sample #2 – March, 1981
- Geochron Laboratories Inc
Letter to Dr Michael J. Needham, T’ang Management Ltd detailing radiocarbon dating results for wood sample
June 2, 1969